Cannot help but to digress a little bit from the official topic. One of my favourite dish in Malaysia is Nasi Lemak. Here is one good plate of Nasi Lemak from this restaurant call “6 to 10 Grill & Naso Lemak”
I discover this excellent place from the “Ho Chak” program from 8TV. Located in PJ SS17/13, it’s not easy to find. But we Malaysian are known to go where no man has gone before to search for great food, right?
Look at that. Yummy. When it comes to evaluating nasi lemak, here’s the checklist:-
1. Rice Aroma – Coconut milk fragrance: Good
2. Hard boiled egg – Average
3. Cucumber – Good. Still fresh. (Really hate those serving dried cucumber)
4. Kacang & ikan bilis – Good. Crunchy. (Really hate those serving stale ikan bilis)
5. Chili – Decent. Nothing is more important than the quality of chili in any good nasi
lemak. Many different ways of cooking chili. It’s not easy to please the majority.
The above is the primary features of nasi lemak.
All good nasi lemak must not fail the test above.
The Extras: What make the good nasi lemak great.
The extras can be any dish such as fried chicken, curry chicken, sotong, curry lamb, curry pork, beef rendang and etc.
At 6 to 10, they have curry chicken, beef rendang, sotong, and their signature dish, minced pork. I ordered their sotong and minced pork.
Sotong (left) – Good
Minced Pork (right) – Great.
Go and give it a try.